- Eyes: Just look into a cat’s sliver-shaped pupils and tell me that’s not a dragon looking back at you.
- Movement: Cats slide around corners and snake through small spaces. Their movements are nothing if not serpentine.
- Cold–Blooded: Sure, the textbooks say that cats are mammals, but that’s just a conspiracy. The way they seek out warm laps and sunny patches clearly shows reptilian heritage.
- Deadly breath: Dragons cough up fireballs. Cats cough up furballs. PoTAYto/PoTAHto.
- Shape-shifters: Fur instead of scales? That’s what they WANT you to see.
- Sleeping Habits: I’ve never left a stack of treasure on the floor, but judging from the amazingly improbable places cats choose for their naps, it seems likely that they would love nothing more than to curl up atop a bunch of diamonds and gold coins. In the absence of a horde of wealth, they make do with piles of clean laundry, shopping bags, or any other bed that seems even remotely more “special” than its surroundings.
Doesn’t it make sense? After all, the dragon species probably got tired of knights in shining armor always galloping around trying to slay them and take their treasure. That kind of thing really cuts into nap time, you know.
And what better position to spy on humanity than from our own laps?
Well, as long as they keep purring and chasing laser pointers instead of burning down villages, I’m happy to keep them around.